Monday, April 23, 2012

Let the banter begin...

"Start saying things that people want to hear." Easier said than done.I have done a couple of books; one being a dinosaur book. I was/is a good little book on life lessons. I have seen an overabundance of commercial books (as with music and other arts) that have a luke warm contribution to society that "make it." Why is this? Are they better than mine and others that I have seen that are just downright astounding? There is so much talent out there and it seems that very little of that raw talent that could mean so much, is never found. I would like to find out why this is. Is it determination? Is it mad skills in marketing? is it who you know? Maybe a little of all of the above? Since starting my talks to children of all ages on 3 continents, I tend to lean toward the idea of not quitting; "don't give up". This approach has taken me to places and put me in situations where I would otherwise not be (have been) if I had quit early on. I would love to find that magic key that so many people search for to open the doors of being independently wealthy to do what we all feel we were put here to do. Look at the Beastie Boys, (my go to on this subject). They "sold out" as so many would say, on their first album and it afforded them the time and funds to do what they were all capable of doing. My wish, find that key and help others to find it. The people in charge of the industry, all industries, make the rules. Unfortunately, for those who I meet all the time, who are incredible at what they do, they don't know or have the brain to just make it work. It inspires me to see kids; http://www.nerval.ch for example, giving it the best shot they can. An 18 year old Czech....go dude! We need more of this and people to encourage from all sides. My goal; to help. Any way possible. When we see mediocrity, we need to not only push ourselves, but encourage the others who sit paralyzed from the fear of failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment